Permanent Unemployed, truthful and skillful Director wanted
Unemployed, truthful and skillful Director wanted
Location: Western Cape, Cape Town
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning
Job Title: Director: Development Facilitation (EADP 41/2020)
Salary: R 1, 057 326.00 per annum (Level 13)
Closing Date: 2021/01/18
Reference Number: WCG201118-1
Tracking Number: EADP 41/2020
Job Description and Purpose
Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning is looking for the Director who will strategically and operationally ensure the effective, efficient and economic management of the Directorate Development Facilitation that is responsible for mainstreaming sustainable development in municipalities and other organs of state through the provision of development facilitation services (development planning and environmental management strategic and regulatory support, and capacity building) as well as internal development planning and environmental management capacity building.
- Must have an appropriate B-Degree (NQF 7) as recognized by SAQA;
- Must have Professional Registration required, either with the South African Council for Planners (SACPLAN) or the Environmental Assessment Practitioners Association of South Africa (EAPASA);
- Must have 6 Years’ of experience at middle/senior managerial level;
- Must have successful completion of the Certificate for entry into the SMS (Senior Management Service) prior to appointment: The nominated candidate will be required to complete the Senior Management Pre-Entry Program before the candidate may be appointed into this post. The purpose of the Senior Management Pre-Entry Program. The duration of the online Pre-Entry Program is 120 notional hours (15 days). Full details are available at: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme;
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have an appropriate B-Degree (NQF 7) or higher qualification in natural or physical sciences or development planning will serve as a recommendation.
- To ensure strategically and operationally the effective, efficient and economic management of the Directorate Development Facilitation that is responsible for mainstreaming sustainable development in municipalities and other organs of state through the provision of an all-encompassing development facilitation service:
- To provide land use management and planning, and environmental management advisory services to municipalities, provincial government departments and national government departments, and to selected private sector sustainable development projects;
- To facilitate the coordination and cooperation between organs of state in the consideration of land use management and environmental management applications;
- To facilitate the resolution of land use management and environmental management related conflicts as it pertains to municipalities, provincial government departments and national government (and State-Owned Enterprises), and to selected private sector sustainable development initiatives;
- To provide support with the Municipal Integrated Development Planning (IDP) and Local Government Expenditure Committee (LGMTEC) processes;
- To coordinate DEA&DP’s involvement in the municipal Integrated Development Planning (IDP) and Local Government Medium Term Expenditure Committee (LGMTEC) processes;
- To assist with the drafting of IDPs and the related sector plans by ensuring the mainstreaming of development planning such as growth management planning information, infrastructure planning information, and scenario planning information, etc. into IDPs;
- To assist with adherence to the relevant legislative requirements in terms of specific sector plans, and facilitating alignment (intra-& inter-municipal, intra-& inter-provincial, and between municipal, provincial and national government);
- To coordinate the development and implementation of the DEA&DP capacity building strategy with regard to land use management and planning, and environmental management;
- To coordinate and manage special programs and projects;
- To report to the Head of Department/Accounting Officer and Chief Director on a regular basis on the activities of the Directorate;
- To monitor and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and prescripts in respect of adequate and appropriate record keeping of the activities of the Directorate, and of the resources employed by it;
- To ensure that sound people management practices are adhered to in the Directorate by participating in and actively managing key areas to include recruitment, training, performance management, information capacity building, labor relations, and workforce planning; and
- To ensure sound financial management practices are adhered to by participating in and actively managing key areas to include preparation of annual budgets and adjustments thereof, accountability for effective budget and expenditure control, ensure correct tender and procurement procedures are followed, comply with efficient and correct record keeping and management of assets.
- Must have proven experience in conducting in-depth research and developing reports and business cases outlining and risks, insights and opportunities.
- Must have strong conceptual, interpretive and formulation skills.
- Must have exceptional planning, organizing and people management skills.
- Must have ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders within and outside of the Western Cape Government
- Must have ability and experience in providing policy and strategy support in driving delivery.
- Must have ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguity and manage change in an ever-changing environment and under pressurized circumstances.
Must have high level communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution and consultation skills.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department.
834 total views, 2 today