Permanent Unemployed Code 8 Driver Wanted At Cape Town
Unemployed Code 8 Driver Wanted At Cape Town
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Unemployed Code 8 Driver Wanted At Cape Town
H Systems (Pty) Ltd is a leading service provider in aluminium profiles, -systems and -accessories to the window, facade and door manufacturing industry of Southern Africa.
We are currently recruiting for a Driver to be based at our Branch in Blackheath, Cape Town.
Duties & Responsibilities
The core purpose of the role is to ensure the efficient loading, delivery and offloading of products to customers on time and in full.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Loading, Driving & Offloading vehicle
- Customer service
- SHEQ Integrated Management System control
- Business Continuity
The main duties and responsibilities under each Key Performance Area:
- Conduct vehicle inspections weekly.
- Ensure fuel consumption is achieved as per company standards.
- Ensure vehicle is clean and presentable at all times.
- Ensure vehicle services is up to date.
- Ensure vehicle is licensed and comply legal requirements
Loading, Driving & Offloading vehicle
- Verify quality of products loaded onto vehicle.
- Pack and load product onto vehicles according to company specifications.
- Efficient delivery of orders to customers on assigned routes, on time and in full.
- Ensure adherence to Road Traffic Act at all times.
- Offload product at customer site as per client requirements.
- Obtain delivery confirmations from each customer and ensure POD’s are signed according to requirements and submitted to office daily.
- Pre-load vehicles for next –day deliveries.
- Maintain a high level of customer service levels standards at all times.
- Market H-systems products to current and new potential customers.
SHEQ Integrated Management System control
- Ensure adherence to the OHS Act.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves of other persons.
- Co-operate with the employer to enable prescribed duties or requirements to be complied with.
- Carry out any lawful order given and obey the health and safety rules and procedures.
- Report any unsafe or unhealthy situation to the employer.
- Report any incident to the employer.
- Comply with health and safety plans.
- Ensure the warehouse maintains and complies with standards of health and safety, and hygiene at all times.
- Return cash handed by clients to Management on the same day, with all necessary paperwork.
- Collect outworks and credits as required by the needs of the company and complete all required paperwork accurately.
- Assist in the warehouse as may be required by the needs of the company.
- Responsible to comply with the SHEQ Integrated Management System (SHEQ-IMS) and the maintenance thereof.
- Compliance with SHEQ-IMS will be monitored during personal reviews
- Failure to adhere to the SHEQ-IMS will result in non-conformances as described in the Non-conformance procedures.
- Non-conformances may lead to disciplinary action as per Disciplinary procedures.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Valid Code 8 driver’s license.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
SKILL REQUIREMENT AND KNOWLEDGE
- Defensive Driving.
- Awareness and understanding of the ISO 9001, ISO 45001, ISO 50001, ISO 14001 Requirements relevant to the processes under your control
- Knowledge about legal requirements relevant to the Driver’s job.
- Capable of working under high pressure.
- Excellent Customer service.
- Time management skills.
REQUIREMENTS AS AN ADDED BENEFIT
- Experience in the aluminium profiles, -systems and –accessories environment or similar.
- Due to the nature of the position, must be able to work outside the contractual working hours, within the criteria of overtime, when authorised.
Package & Remuneration
- Depending on experience.
Due to volumes of applications received, correspondence will only be conducted with selected candidates. If you have not received a response within 15 days from advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
An application in itself does not entitle the applicant to an interview.
46 total views, 3 today