Permanent Unemployed Code 14 Driver Wanted At Centurion
Unemployed Code 14 Driver Wanted At Centurion
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Liyema Consulting
Job Title: Unemployed Code 14 Driver Wanted At Centurion
Code 14 with 3 years’ experience, driving Scania trucks with Super link trailer, tautline.
Duties & Responsibilities
- EC1 – Articulated vehicles with GCM between 3 500 kg and 16 000 kg; and vehicles allowed by Code C1 but with a trailer with GVM greater than 750 kg.
- EC – Articulated vehicles with GCM greater than 18 000 kg; and vehicles allowed by Code C but with a trailer with GVM greater than 750 kg.
- Road Traffic legislation
- Health & Safety legislation
- Literacy level – Grade 12
- National Driver License – EC/EC1
- Valid PrDP
- 3 Years articulated and/or rigid driving experience
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Prepare Vehicle for Trip
- Operate Ultra Heavy Duty Vehicle
- Handle Documentation
- Perform ancillary duties
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
Conduct pre-trip inspection of trucks and trailers
- Vital vehicle components are inspected in a systematic way in order to comply with the Road Traffic Act
- Components include (but are not limited to): Exterior of vehicle; interior of vehicle; fluid levels; brakes and vehicle equipment.
Complete standard vehicle checklist
- Vehicle inspection is recorded legibly and in accordance with operational requirements/specifications – on the back on of Trip Sheet/Logbook
- Record and report all defects
- All vehicle defects are identified and reported accurately; comprehensively and timeously, so that the necessary actions to rectify defects are initiated.
- All prescribed and or other relevant preliminaries are executed (e.g. brake tests)
Interior and exterior vehicle cleanliness
- Vehicle and cab are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Complete trips to and from loading zones and other destinations
- Vehicle is driven and manoeuvred in accordance with the K53 standard; manufacturer specifications and provisions of the Road Traffic Act.
- Vehicle is driven and manoeuvred in accordance with the defensive and economical driving manner.
- Vehicle is driven to actively prevent accidents; injury to people or damage to property/ vehicle; despite the incorrect actions of others or adverse conditions (Application of Defensive Driving Principles)
- Vehicle and cab instruments are monitored for malfunctions and appropriate action is taken, where required.
- -Vehicle is parked; shut down and secured in accordance with manufacturer specifications; traffic regulations and operational procedures
Trips are completed in accordance with laid down standards Range:
Standards pertain to:
- Standard trip time
- Loading and off-loading times
- Fuel consumption
Supervise loading of trailers/horses
- Trailers/horses are loaded safely without projections
Check roping of all loads
- Loads are appropriately secured
Check consignment note
- Consignment note (i.e. Invoice) corresponds to the stock loaded
- Emergencies/incorrect loading/incorrect invoices are dealt with and reported immediately to the Operations Manager
The following documents are to be submitted on debrief:
- Vehicle Pre-Trip Inspection Sheet – Completed in full
- Diesel Slips
- Fuel Card
- All incidents during the trip must be reported
- Proof of Deliveries (POD) / Goods Received Voucher (GRV) – Customer MUST sign at the stipulated place.
Should documents not be handed in on Debrief – the Driver will be disciplined accordingly.
Comply with company code of conduct, policies and procedures
- Company code of conduct, policies and procedures are adhered to.
Knowledge and must be able to comply with Health and Safety Regulations
- Correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn at all times
- Able it identify Fatigue Management and act accordingly
Perform other duties as may be requested by management from time to time
- Ancillary duties requested by Management are carried out as instructed
- Diplomacy, respect, sensitivity and self-control is maintained in all interactions with colleagues in own and other departments
Package & Remuneration
- R Market Related
12 total views, 1 today