Permanent Job Vacancy for unemployed, talented and skillful Residence Manager
Job Vacancy for unemployed, talented and skillful Residence Manager
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Foreign & Commonwealth Office
Job Title: Residence Manager
Salary: R 23,997.87p/m
Closing Date: 16/12/2020
Roles and responsibilities:
- To ensure a strong performance by the team, in particular in the areas of delivering a quality service, engaging stakeholders, communicating, and working with others and teamwork.
- To regularly update inventories of stocks, furniture, fittings, equipment and other similar items, and ensure timely and accurate returns on all these to Corporate Services colleagues.
- To maintain a thorough overview of all maintenance, repairs, fixes and other upkeep required at the Residence and throughout its grounds, liaising with Corporate Services and Technical Works colleagues on works to address these issues.
- To liaise and negotiate with, and supervision of, external contractors engaged in works and maintenance or service contracts throughout the Residence and grounds to ensure its full upkeep. Also to assure works by contractors are carried out to a high standard, are cost-effective and completed on time. Work with contractors to ensure responsive and prompt service by contractors when needs arise. Research and approach new suppliers for the full range of maintenance tasks to ensure we are using the best and most cost-effective suppliers at all times.
- To ensure all fire and health & safety checks, systems and procedures are regularly reviewed, tested, updated and are always in full working order. Liaison with corporate services, technical works colleagues and external contractors to ensure fixes, servicing and other issues with such systems and procedures are completed to a high standard and in a cost-effective and timely way.
- To make researching and approach suppliers, including catering, event, audio-visual and other similar suppliers, for in-house and external events. Maintain relationships with such supplies and ensure they are used effectively to deliver high standard, quality events and functions, which offer good value for money.
- To oversee delivery of all events and functions at the residence, providing a project management style function from conception of event/ function to delivery, managing the Residence team and liaising with colleagues, suppliers, contractors and stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of all events and functions.
- To ensure effective communication with all stakeholders about events and functions, maintaining comprehensive and accurate records of events and functions held and providing timely and accurate returns to corporate services colleagues.
- To ensure accommodation for house guests is of a high standard and offers a quality stay for visitors. Maintain and update information on services and support for Residence guests, visitors and users.
- To ensure supplies for events, functions and hosting guests are managed well, replenished, accounted for and deliver value for money.
- To ensure excellence in service and standards in delivering events and functions, including food and beverage selections, orders or service, guest lists, invitations, seating plans, programs, presentation and decorations
- To keep a daily updated diary of upcoming events at the Residence and coordinate with High Commissioner’s Private Office and Visits, Events & Public Diplomacy teams to ensure a coordinated approach.
- Responsible for house guests, tracking arrival times and ensuring they are greeted, settled, understand house rules and services available and ensuring their stay is to a quality standard.
Management of Residence budget (approx. ZAR 600,000);
- To manage expenditure from Residence budget to cover events, functions, general daily running of the Residence, maintenance and other upkeep.
- To ensure suppliers and contractors used for services are of good quality and offer VFM. On larger items seek competing quotes and assess rival suppliers’ quotations and make recommendations for corporate services colleagues on the best options.
- To monitor works and contribute to the finance processes to ensure suppliers and contractors are paid on time and the correct amounts, and full financial procedures are followed properly.
- To plan expenditure to ensure funds are always available for what is needed and to provide Finance managers with accurate forecasts for when likely expenditure will fall.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Must have exceptional, proven customer service and representational skills
- Must have strong inter-personal skills and a highly effective team-player
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral (fluent English)
- Personal drive, initiative and the ability to be a self-starter
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have computer literate (Microsoft O365, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Integrity and Professionalism of utmost importance
- Must have Valid driver’s license
- Must have excellent communication skills, fluent English (both written and oral)
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Must have knowledge of working with diplomats/ the diplomatic community in South Africa.
- Must have experience in the hospitality, events or marketing sectors.
- Must have experience/ skills in staff management/ managing teams.
- Knowledge of health & safety in the workplace and/ or managing external contracts and financial resources.
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Delivering Value for Money
- Managing a Quality Service
687 total views, 4 today