Full-Time Job Vacancy for unemployed, talented and skillful Head Chef
Job Vacancy for unemployed, talented and skillful Head Chef
Location: Centurion, Gauteng
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Company/Employer: Orion Group
Job Title: Head Chef
We are looking for a Head Chef who will perfectly meet and exceed the guests’ expectations and deliver on the experience we promise our guests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen
- To ensure all kitchen staff always wears the correct uniform (including the appropriate PPE)
- To ensure that Guest queries and complaints are being dealt with in an efficient, prompt and courteous manner, achieving maximum guest satisfaction.
- Must be visible on the floor during meal times interacting with guest.
- To ensure timeous production of quality food at optimal cost under hygienic conditions.
- To prepare menu Plan and Cost.
- To do regular research of pricing of kitchen stock and ingredients.
- To ensure that all food service points are set up correctly in accordance with requirements
- To ensure that all standards and SOPs are adhered to at all times
- To conduct regular training of the staff to ensure adherence to standards, as well as the development and improvement of skill in the kitchen
- To ensure that kitchen hygiene standards are adhered to and that proper stock rotation and storage is implemented.
- To inspect each delivery to ensure food items are of the highest quality at all times
- To track food cost on a daily basis
- To ensure that portion control is managed at all times
- To ensure the reprocessing of food is actively implemented and managed
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Culinary Qualification required
- Must have 3 – 5 years Kitchen Management experience within the Hotel Industry
- Must have Mass Production and A la Carte experience
- Must be able to work under pressure,
- Must be efficient & creative,
- Self motivated and motivating the kitchen staff,
- Must be good planner
- Must be flexible
- Must pay close attention to detail.
1168 total views, 5 today