Permanent Unemployed, truthful and skillful Assistant Director wanted
Unemployed, truthful and skillful Assistant Director wanted
Location: Western Cape, Cape Town
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Department of Transport and Public Works
Job Title: Assistant Director: Buildings- Education Infrastructure, Ref No. TPW 60/2020
Salary: R 470,040 per annum (Salary level 10)
Closing Date: 2021/01/18
Reference Number: WCG201109-5
Tracking Number: TPW 60/2020
Job Description and Purpose
The Department of Transport and Public Works, Western Cape Government is looking for a qualified and competent individual to ensure Inspectorate services are provided through the investigation of customer complaints, identification of new services, needs and requirements of new work and repairs and the management of the Inspectorate component in line with relevant legislation, regulations and standards. This position is based in Cape Town.
- Must have an appropriate 3 year tertiary qualification (National Diploma/B-Degree or higher)
- Must have 3 years appropriate experience in the building environment
- Must have a valid code B (or higher) driving licence.
- Must have Project Management experience in built environment projects.
Key Performance Areas
- To provide Project Management input to maintenance projects to ensure effective delivery.
- To manage and accurately report on the budget and milestones of maintenance projects;
- To prepare tender documentation and specifications.
- To oversee and co-ordinate external PSP teams to carry out maintenance projects effectively
- Ensure supervision and quality control is effectively carried out on projects.
Thorough understanding of procurement and documentation requirements of building /maintenance projects;
- Must have ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Must have proven computer literacy (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, MS Project, MS Word)
- Must have excellent administrative ability and record keeping
- Must have communication skills (written and verbal).
NB: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/ proficiency test. The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
734 total views, 3 today