Permanent Opportunity available for unemployed, ambitious and confident HSE Risk Site Controller
Opportunity available for unemployed, ambitious and confident HSE Risk Site Controller
Location: Green Park, Western Cape
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Distell Limited
Job Title: HSE Risk Site Controller
Posted: 11 December 2020
Reference number: 17462
Closing Date: 21/12/2020
We are looking for suitable and skillful HSE Risk Site Controller to be based in the Distribution Department urgently.
The successful candidate will report to the Operations Manager.
Key performance areas
- Effective people management, which includes:
- To manage and develop of Security & Risk Department staff
- To supervise contracted Security and Cleaning Services staff and monitoring of service levels
- Contractor Management which will include Facilities Management
Manage site security, which includes:
- To implement and maintain effective access control
- To ensure that procedures are in place for the protection of assets
- To ensure that procedures are in place for the final control of all dispatched and received liquor
Manage site safety, which includes:
- To implement, maintaining and ensuring compliance to relevant Group Safety & Fire Prevention
- Standards; OHS Act; COID Act; Municipal & Building regulations; SABS codes; etc.
- To liaise with emergency services
Site Risk Management:
- To implementing and maintaining the Distell Risk Management Program to ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Emergency Preparedness and Response planning
- To conduct HIRA’s (Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment), audits and investigations
- To liaise with all departmental heads on Occupational Health & Safety,
- Risk and Environmental related matters
Performing related administration:
- Detailed recordkeeping to ensure traceability and legal compliance with regards to Occupational Health & Safety, Risk and Environmental Standards
- To record accidents, incidents and losses whilst ensuring that the required reporting, investigations and corrective actions are taken by relevant parties
- To co-ordinate all Occupational Health & Safety, Risk and Environmental related training in order to adhere to relevant legislation (e.g. OHS Act NEMA, ISO 14001:2015, etc.).
- To assist in maintaining Quality Management Systems and Standards (ISO 9001:2000, HACCP, BRC, IFS, etc)
Experience and Skills
- Must have a minimum of Grade 12
- Must have SAMTRAC or equivalent qualification would be beneficial
- Must have relevant working experience in a similar capacity within a Health & Safety and/or Security & Risk field.
- Must have sound knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. OHS Act, NEMA, etc.) and risk control standards.
- Must have working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO, HACCP; etc.).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to ensure effective interaction with individuals on all levels.
- Must be competent in the use of the Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint).
- Must have competence in the use of SAP would be advantageous.
- Must have financial acumen, along with proven ability to plan, organize, co-ordinate, facilitate and evaluate initiatives
- Must have ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Must be pro-active and assertive to ensure compliance to rules and regulations.
- Sober habits.
- An unendorsed, valid driving licence (Code B) and own or reliable transport to and from work.
- Must have ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position.
- Must be willingness and ability to perform standby duties and conduct site and emergency visits after hours.
759 total views, 2 today