Permanent Legal Services Officer Vacancy
Legal Services Officer Vacancy
Job Title: Officer: Legal Services
Job Type: Permanent
Reference Number: SPU201112-19
Location: Northern Cape
Closing Date: 2020/11/27
To develop the academic and administrative capacity of our University, the positions listed below are available and we are keen to receive applications from highly motivated and suitably qualified individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree in law or equal
- At least 2-3 years’ relevant experience
- Computer literate – Strong MS Office suite
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Correspondence Handling
- Receive all incoming emails and correspondence: own/school/department/ section
- Keep records of all correspondence
- Type correspondence, memoranda, agendas and letters generated by the Department
- Preparation of power point slides where required
- Compile and circulate dates of all meetings / hearings
- Co-ordinate meetings/functions / hearings
- Type meeting agendas and distribute
- Take minutes, type and distribute to relevant individuals
- Preparation of general documentation for hearings / meetings (i.e. bundles of documents, attendance registers, etc.)
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Maintaining a logical, methodical filing system that is accessible
- Do photocopying for the section
- Make travel arrangements for staff and third parties as appropriate
- Co-ordinate and set up meetings / hearings
- Prepare bundles of documents for hearings
- Maintain stock levels of office stationery and consumables
- Collate and compile information for inputting on the registers (contract register, student discipline register)
- Check data for accuracy
- Update data and database weekly
- Answer the section’s telephone and route calls accordingly
- Screen all calls for the Head of Department
- Take messages
- Respond to voicemail messages
- Handle the manager’s diary
- Set up meetings and venues via the electronic diary
- Ensuring venues are available for meetings / hearings
- Facilitating catering for meetings / hearings where relevant.
- Assist at the front office / reception as required
- Manage front office calls as required
- Processing and monitoring purchases
- Ordering stationary
- Maintaining stock required for the School/Department
- Implement and maintain a relevant document management system in relation to the procurement function
- Receive purchase order requests from relevant parties
- Ensure that all PO requests are signed off by the designated signatories and obtain approval
- Initiating requisitions for acquisition of goods and services on behalf of the Legal Office in accordance with relevant policies and procedures
- Communicate with all vendors regarding outstanding deliveries and payment procedure
- Clearing unpaid PO’s monthly
- Maintain and reconcile vendor accounts
- Liaise with creditors regarding queries
- Follow up on invoices for payment
- Submit purchase orders for payment to the required office
Co-ordinate liaison between schools/departments/sections
- Respond to student/staff/visitor queries
- Monitoring and updating the asset register
- Monitor, maintain and order office consumables
Assist with basic supporting all functions of the legal office, which may inter alia include:
- Legal compliance
- Resolution of Disputes
- Providing guidance and advice
- General Governance.
- Ensure that all contracts receive for checking is numbered, logged on the contract
register, filed and presented to the Manager for checking.
- Ensure that the contract register is updated on a daily basis.
- Facilitating signature of contracts.
- Ensuring original signed contracts are filed appropriately, scanned in and saved on the system.
- Keeping a diary of expiry dates of contracts.
- Sending alert emails to contract managers 3 months prior to expiry of contracts to inform them.
- Co-ordinate liaison between schools/departments/sections and the Legal Office,
- Respond to student/staff/visitor queries.
- Screening and interpretation of all documents received pertaining to Student Disciplinary Matters.
- Presenting documents to Manager with recommendation regarding proposed disciplinary action.
- Drafting of charges
- Issuing of notices of disciplinary hearings
- Preparation of bundles of documents and all other associated documents
- Keeping student disciplinary register up to date on a daily basis
- Taking of minutes during student disciplinary hearings
432 total views, 1 today