Permanent Job vacancy for unemployed, truthful and skillful Finance Officer
Job vacancy for unemployed, truthful and skillful Finance Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: University of the Witwatersrand
Job Title: Finance Officer
Closing date: 18 December 2020
Reference Number: IRC84150
We are looking for Finance Officer who will be responsible, inter alia, for assisting the Snr. Finance Officer and Finance Manager in all aspects of the financial administration of the Protection Services Department.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- To understand the University’s finance and reporting systems and the parameters that governs the generic and specialized system reports.
- To assist the Snr Finance Officer and Finance Manager in the creation of documents used for generating, updating, and storing data for reconciliation and statistical purposes.
- To provide monthly status reports to the Snr. Finance Officer / Financial Manager for discussion and reporting purposes.
- To oversee, verify and co-authorize the monthly reconciliations of the balance sheet accounts.
- Documentation of departmental and inter-departmental processes, procedures, guidelines and rules, and where necessary creating and documenting related flow-diagrams.
- To manage and verify the physical inventory / stock and related accounts.
- To maintain of the Department’s fixed asset register.
- To ensure that all assets are tagged in compliance with University’s and department policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all assets at each location whether major or minor are recorded on a door list of each office or room.
- To manage fleet of the department including the payment.
- To oversee and maintain all accounts in the general ledger i.e. ensuring the integrity of the data in the General Ledger.
- To verify and authorize the correction of all incorrect entries and the timeous processing thereof.
- To facilitate the request for new vendors (Accounts Payable) and/or customers (Accounts Receivable).
- To obtain and prepare information and copies of documentation required by management and internal/external auditors.
- To assist the Senior Finance Officer and Finance Manager during budget periods.
- Any other duties as may be requested by the Snr. Finance Officer, Financial Manager or Director of Protection Services, from time to time, for the efficient and effective running of the Protection Services Finance office.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Must have Matric with a three year accounting diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least three years of bookkeeping/accounting experience (to trial balance)
- Must have high level of computer literacy (MS Office suite essential)
- Must have high level of proficiency in the Oracle Finance system (or similar accounting software)
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must have ability to work in an environment that is deadline driven, and demands accuracy and consistency
- Must have ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and must be able to lead and supervise junior administrative staff
- Must be self motivated, reliable and have the ability to multi-task
751 total views, 1 today