Full-Time Job Vacancy for the Packing and Logistics Manager
Job Vacancy for the Packing and Logistics Manager
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Job Type: Contract, Permanent
Company: Globe Recruitment
Job Title: Packing and Logistics Manager
Reference Number: GLO117678129
Salary: R40 000 – R45 000 a month
We are looking for a Packaging & Logistics Manager for a leading Printing Factory, located in Paarden Eiland Cape Town.
Purpose of the Job
- Making sure that all printed finished goods are checked and packed according to instructions on the work ticket & distribution list when required thereby ensuring that finished goods are packed and delivered as per customer requirements & deadline.
- Daily management of effective procedures to deliver packaging solutions to the business and customers.
- To work closely with the team in order to effectively deliver new solutions to the business.
- To ensure seamless workflow within the dispatch department as well as between relevant departments to enable timeous, cost effective, high quality product output to meet delivery deadlines further ensuring client satisfaction.
- To maintain client satisfaction through management of delivery and distribution of the correct quantity of print media within the set time frame at the correct destination
- To ensure efficient and accurate picking and packing workflow and procedures are created and adhered to, enabling meeting of deadlines and set targets
- To manage and monitor production efficiencies to ensure achievement of set targets
- To monitor and manage the implementation, execution and adherence to quality monitoring systems and procedures
- In depth understanding of logistics and dispatch management
- To monitor and ensure adherence to all Health and Safety aspects as per OHSA.
- To ensure the availability of well-maintained equipment and vehicles and the provision of safe work environment
- Must have relevant National Diploma / Degree in Logistics or Production Management
- Must have minimum 5 years experience in a dispatch environment at the Supervisory level
- Must have minimum 2 years FMCG related work experience within the print media distribution environment
- Thorough knowledge of workflow creation within a picking and packing environment
983 total views, 4 today