Permanent Job Vacancy for the Geomatics Analyst at Anglo American
Job Vacancy for the Geomatics Analyst at Anglo American
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Anglo American
Job Title: Geomatics Analyst
Reference Id: REF5347B
Closing Date: 03 January, 2021
We are looking for a Geomatics Analyst who will be responsible for providing value optimized geospatial support services to T&S and operations within mining.
- To identify opportunities to maximize safety through the use of geospatial information.
- To participate in relevant safety audits, inspections and observations, and address any issues.
- To provide efficient and effective geospatial support services to T&S and operations including designing and implementing workflows for processing, managing and publishing geospatial information products.
- To assist with the implementation of new geospatial technology and systems that support leading practice and risk mitigation in mining.
- To improve the health of geospatial data management within mining across Anglo American.
- To support Sustainable Mining Plan commitments through delivery of geospatial services to T&S and operations.
- To demonstrate behavior in line with the Group’s values, standards and a professional workplace.
- To develop and maintain systems, processes and procedures which apply to your work and operate within these requirements.
- Must have formal degree level qualification in Surveying, GIS or related spatial discipline is required.
- Subject matter expertise of activity and process under the role’s control and direction.
- Must know project management fundamentals.
- New technologies and their impact on activities within scope of role.
- Understanding of the key principles of the AA Operating Model.
820 total views, 3 today