Permanent Job Vacancy for the Drill & Assay Specialist
Job Vacancy for the Drill & Assay Specialist
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Anglo American
Job Title: Drill & Assay Specialist
Reference Id: REF4880F
Closing Date: 27 December, 2020
Provide global implementation and support for our geosciences drill and assay data management, governance, quality and security.
- Responsible for safety of self and others to ensure zero harm and elimination of fatalities.
- To implement drill & assay data management across the Anglo American Group, improving and standardizing current systems whilst keeping abreast of future alternatives.
- To align with Anglo Americans Corporate Data Policy, implement best practice drill & assay data management systems, security, procedures, protocols, training and mentoring.
- To work across projects supporting emerging technologies into the drill and assay workflow, including; Assisted Core Logging, Virtual Coreyard, FTIR, and the Spatial Data Portal (SDP).
- Implementation of standards for Quality Assurance and Quality Control of data inputs and outputs and implementation of recommendations.
- To support the process to produce and make accessible the right drill & assay data for effective Resource estimation, Hydrogeology, Geometallurgy and ore control processes.
- To support compliance with environmental and social requirements as relevant to discipline, including commitments to stakeholders.
- To support environmental and social risks triggered by or impacting on discipline are identified and mitigated as part of the asset risk management approach.
- To contribute to a purpose-led, high-performing culture within the team that is aligned with the company values, is inclusive and promotes diversity.
- Must have a Degree in Geosciences or Information Management with Geoscience experience.
- Must have a post Graduate studies in Mining Geosciences or related field (desirable).
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have a demonstrated leader in drill & assay data management in mining and exploration.
- Must have proven experience as a drill & assay data manager on an advanced drill project or mine site.
- Must have good understanding of assaying and related QAQC to ensure data inputs are fit for purpose.
- Must have broad knowledge of role of geosciences data management in the mining value chain.
- Must have sound understanding of industry best practice in drill & assay data management for exploration, resource estimation and mine geology.
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies, including knowledge and experience with acquire.
- Must have an analytical mindset with problem-solving skills and an attention to details.
- Must have excellent communication and collaboration skills and an ability to work across disciplines.
- Must have knowledge of the key Resource and Reserve reporting codes (SAMREC, JORC and NI 43-101).
731 total views, 1 today