Permanent Job Vacancy for Senior Data Analyst x 2
Job Vacancy for Senior Data Analyst x 2
Location: Centurion, Gauteng
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst x 2
Closing Date: 23 December 2020
Salary: R624 346 a year
Job Role Description
The major role of this job position is manage and provide data analysis and be responsible for the data migration function of ICT solutions in government in accordance with SITAs standardized methodology.
Key Responsibility Areas
- To manage and perform the Business Blueprint Stage of the Data Management process to establish requirements and specifications of data mapping.
- To manage and perform the Solution Implementation Stage of the Data Management process to establish a data archiving strategy; Manage and perform the Solution Implementation Stage of the Data Management process to perform the actual importing of data from the Legacy system,
- To manage and perform the Go-Live Implementation Stage of the Data Management process to provide ongoing support in the form of the data transferred from the Legacy system; Participate in Planning sessions; and Manage Stakeholder interaction.
- To conduct full lifecycle analysis activities and design.
- To monitor performance, quality control and identify improvements.
- To interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- To develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimizes statistical efficiency and quality.
- To acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- To identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- To filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- To work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- To locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have minimum 3 year’s degree/diploma in Information Technology or Project Management or related.
- Must have 5 – 6 years relevant experience with the required technical expertise in the Big Data Environment.
- Must have experience in data analytics (collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy)
- Data modeling experience
- Reporting tools experience
- Data management tools skills
- ETL tools
- Apache Hadoop
- Apache Spark
- Oracle DB, MySQL, MSSQL Server
- Legacy Development language i.e. Natural/Adabas; and
- Solid experience in the analysis of Government legacy systems.
- Government ICT Solutions (unique, common and transversal);
- Business process design;
- Government regulations;
- Understand current legacy business and system processes;
- ICT business environment and landscape;
- Service Management frameworks;
- Specific knowledge per discipline:
- ICT Solutions (unique, common and transversal systems);
- Functional knowledge of the discipline being implemented. (e.g HRM, ECM etc);
- System integration;
- Data Migration and Mapping;
- Legacy systems Interface;
- Solution Development
- Lifecycle (SDLC); and solution testing.
- Data analytics, data modeling and scripting
- Monitoring and reporting skills
- Capacity planning and resource management
- Change Management
- Quality Management
- Partnership Management
- Negotiation skills;
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Communication skills, (verbal, written and presentation)
- Time management
- Analytical skills.
Kindly send your CV to: [email protected]
486 total views, 1 today