Contract Job Vacancy for Reliability and Improvement Engineer
Job Vacancy for Reliability and Improvement Engineer
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Job Type: Contract, Permanent
Company: Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies
Job Title: Reliability and Improvement Engineer
Reference Number: 2005864738W
Purpose of the job
- To ensure all Manufacturing Production Equipment I Process systems are SAFE to use
- Responsible for adhering to the Life Cycle Asset Management process throughout the entire life cycle of new assets.
- To participate in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans. Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
- To participate in the final commissioning of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
- To ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, controls, and safety systems.
- To defines designs, develops, monitors and refines an Asset Maintenance Plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
- Reviewing of maintenance tasks and data cleansing within the CMMS system
- To analyze breakdowns and implementing permanent solution
- To complete RCPS with the technical teams
- To utilize of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- To develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affects manufacturing and packing operations. These problems include, machine safety, efficiency, reliability, capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues. To fulfill this responsibility the Reliability Engineer applies:
- Data analysis techniques that can include:
- Root-cause problem solving RCPS
- Failure mode affective analysis FMECA
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Works with Production to perform analyses of assets including:
- Asset Utilization
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Life cycle of the asset
- To provide technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel.
- To apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
- To participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvements initiatives. Ensure wastages are minimized and Maintenance costs contained or improved.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Delivers on actions related to regional optimization projects, in relation to validation requirements, compliance standards and user requirement specifications (JJPS I ME2/ Maximo etc.) within the solids and liquids Manufacturing value streams.
- To facilitate RCAs / FMECAs and solution implementation as required, conduct equipment criticality analysis, build of BOMs for equipment, annually centerline of equipment, and optimize preventative maintenance.
- To demonstrate strong commitment to safety, quality, environmental awareness, and continuous process improvement.
- To interact with all levels of the organization and collaborate with appropriate personnel on reliability activities.
- To develop and implement division-wide reliability strategies
- To ensure complete integration of the current continuous improvement activities and reliability practices.
- To monitor performance against desired results and manage as required
- To work with region and plants on implementation of common reliability activities and best practices
Reliability (Pro-active Maintenance)
- To focus on machine safety and drive completion of machine safety assessment
- In charge of maintenance Methods and Reliability management
- Leads failures analysis, Define optimum Maintenance strategy
- Asset condition monitoring
- To initiate and drive major refurbishment to production equipment
- To projects Support / Reliability and Improvement
- Technology Development, implementation of new technology
- Lead implementation and maintenance of equipment standards, processes, and work practices.
- Measuring and ensuring the effectiveness of maintenance schedules
- To define maintenance plans and spare parts classification
- Technical ownership of the asset
- To assure criteria for developing and accepting new assets
- To assure technical liaison with contractors
- Support on planning and material management
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs and failure trends
- Administrator for Maximo. Authorization of new users , up-dating and reviewing of CMMS SOP`s
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have Engineering Diploma/ Degree: Mechanical / Electrical / Automation
- Maintenance management experience and skills
- Must have leadership experience
- Must have Projects Experience
- Continuous Improvement (Lean/Six Sigma experience will be advantageous)
- Good technical aptitude – Demonstrate the skills to lead RCA process for all breakdowns
- Must be systematic, neat, and methodical and have attention to detail
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be customer focused
- Good people skills and ability to work in teams
- Must be available for rotational shift work and overtime if required
- Previous exposure to the pharmaceutical manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Must have interpersonal skills; Active listening, provides constructive feedback, team player, communication skills
- Must be deadline and target driven approach and behavior
- Encourages input from the team on decisions – collaboration.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office and CMMS
957 total views, 1 today