Permanent Job Vacancy for General Manager
Job Vacancy for General Manager
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Job Type: Full-Time
Company/Employer: Airport Management & Administrative
Job Title: General Manager
Reference Number: JNB00000001
Job Descriptions and Responsibilities
The general manager will be responsible for day to day operational, financial and personnel performance of assigned international outstation. Establishes or implements goals and standards to maintain and control operational integrity, service levels, costs, and safety requirements. This includes host government specific security checkpoint and baggage screening requirements in accordance with U.S. TSA security directives, mandates and GSC responsibilities. Monitors performance against plans and initiates corrective actions to improve results. Determines and justifies equipment, facilities, staffing, and training needs to achieve station operational goals. To participates as team member to headquarters support organizations, as well as other United operating departments in administering their responsibilities. Coordinates and provides functional guidance and supervision of contracted ground handling agents. To represents airport activities to host government federal, state, and local airport authority agencies along with TSA international field offices, U.S. aviation security representatives and FAA.
- Responsible for day-to-day operational performance of assigned international outstation.
- To maintain a safe, clean and reliable operation utilizing Core4
- To maintain a positive employee relations work environment and collaborative relationships with applicable labor groups and vendors
- To direct station activities to ensure superior customer service, this includes mainline and STAR Alliance partner airlines.
- To maintain station facilities, equipment, and professional appearance standards for all united employees.
- To manage performance and ongoing professional developmental support of direct reports and “dotted line” reports.
- To comply with Stations controls and Internal Audit standards.
- To manage the station budget, staffing forecasts and resource requirements.
- To maintain strong working relationships with OAL / airport authorities / vendors / governmental authorities ( FAA / TSA / CBP)/internal divisions
- To manage vendor service contracts as required.
- Must have bachelors degree or relevant experience
- Must have 2-4 years of relevant management experience in Airport Services environment or equivalent experience
- Must have knowledge of airport operations to include; hub operations, terminal / ramp operations , and related technology
- Must have ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced operational environment
- Must have knowledge of station controls and Internal Audit standards
- Must have analytical thinking, goal-directed leadership and service-oriented performance
- Must have knowledge of operational Corporate policies and procedures
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to develop and motivate personnel
- Must have strong problem solving skills and drive for excellence
- Must be flexible to work all shifts and, when necessary, available 7 days a week / 24 hours a day, including holidays and weekends, to deal with any operational and /or unforeseen situations
- Travel requirement 10%
- Must be legally authorized to work in South Africa for any employer without sponsorship
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Must be reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
1098 total views, 1 today