Permanent Job Vacancy for General Manager
Job Vacancy for General Manager
Location: Kathu, Northern Cape
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Tshipi e Ntle Manganese Mining
Job Title: General Manager (Mine)
Closing Date: 31 January 2021
To manage the overall operation and functioning of the mine with particular emphasis on ensuring operational effectiveness and efficiency, ramping up production, reducing costs, maintaining a good safety record, ensuring mining operations meet business objectives, being responsible for overall compliance and risk management on the mine.
- To develop and implement the mining strategy/plan aligned to the business plan.
- Ongoing evaluation and alignment of mining plan to the business strategy and direction and objectives of the mine.
- To ensure mining processes, policies and practices are compliant with relevant statutory requirements.
- To interpret the strategic and operational requirements of the mine and integrate financial needs to ensure the availability of financial resources.
- To deliver and manage an annual budget that represents best estimate of costs and supports the attainment of the organization and business unit’s financial objectives.
- To allocate and monitor the utilization of allocated funds to enable the attainment of objectives.
- Regularly review and proactively monitor and appropriately respond to spend against budget.
- To ensure profitability of the mine and its operations through enhanced mining, processing and logistics processes across.
- To lead the implementation and execution of the business plan by: Developing an operational plan, which includes planning, mining and processing activities; Ensuring that Head of Departments are held accountable for the delivery of the operational plan in their respective areas; Taking appropriate action to ensure that operational objectives and standards are met.
- To implement information systems and processes that will ensure: Accurate reporting of information on all operational processes; That sub-standard performance is highlighted and corrective measures are put in place; Clarity to all employees on their respective roles.
- To ensure profitability of the mine by implementing effective and optimal mining, processing and logistics processes.
- To develop and implement effective quality management system that will ensure: Quality ore is delivered to the client, in line with the contractual agreement; Adequate ore blending strategy to ensure optimal extraction of ore resources; Acceptable particle size distribution on the product in line with supply contracts; Stockpiles are managed effectively and efficiently.
- To oversee SHE and HR function and activities; ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and governance requirements.
- To monitor compliance with the requirements of applicable legislation and corporate requirements to ensure adherence.
- To ensure compliance to the SLP implementation plan.
- To provide sound leadership and guidance to the Tshipi employees at the mine with emphasis on:
- To attract, recruit and retain high quality employees through effective reward and recognition schemes and learning and development program;
- Development and motivation of employees by ensuring that employees’ performance is measured and managed;
- To resolve effectively disputes, grievances and conflicts;
- Effective succession planning, coaching and mentoring program
- To ensure a healthy and safe work environment for employees.
- To develop and maintain relationships with external role players (government, business etc.) to influence decision making/interpretation in favor of business objectives.
- To build relationships across the organization by sharing business information and knowledge.
- To manage the mining functions performance in terms of agreed “Service Level Agreements” and agreed KPA/KPI’s and effectiveness areas.
- To drive customer satisfaction throughout the provision of quality of output.
- To manage relations with internal and external stakeholders to promote objectives of the company.
- To ensure that the needs of organizational stakeholders are prioritized and managed including; Management and the executive team; Colleagues and employees; Shareholders and investors; Community and external stakeholders.
- To work with colleagues, organization officials and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems.
Minimum Qualifications required
- Must have a Bachelor of Science (Engineering) or Bachelor of Technology (BTech) Mining Engineering degree
- Must have Postgraduate business qualification such as an MBA
Minimum Experience and Knowledge required
- At least 10 years’ experience in mining management ideally in hard rock open-pit mining
- Track record of success in increasing production
- Reside or willing to relocate to the Northern Cape
- Must have at least 18 years post qualification experience
- Must have operated as a Section 4.1 Legal Appointee
- Must have a Government Certificate of Competency, Mines and Works (beneficial).
- Business focus
- Socially and environmentally conscious
- Ability to create a high performance culture
- Coach and mentor
- Accountable and responsible
- Integrity and honesty
- Team orientated
- Customer / client focused
- Safety conscious
- Details orientated
- Negotiator and influencer
- Self starter
- Driven and enthusiastic
- Zero tolerance for errors
- Assertive in obtaining the correct information
- A good communicator and presenter
- Planning, coordinating and prioritizing
- Strategic thinker
- Advanced communication skills, both written and oral
- Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.)
- Effectively manage diversity
Applicants who meet the key requirements of the job must send their applications to Tshipi Human Resources Manager: [email protected] on or before 31 January 2021.
700 total views, 2 today