Permanent Job Vacancy for Corporate Governance Officer
Job Vacancy for Corporate Governance Officer
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Corporate Governance Officer
Our Legal department has job opportunity for a Corporate Governance Officer to join the team based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the job
The purpose of this job is to perform full company secretarial function for all companies within the Mukuru Group. The Corporate Governance Officer is responsible for managing the relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing the full company secretarial function for all companies within the Mukuru Group
- To manage and maintain the corporate information database ensuring that information of all companies, directors and officers within the Mukuru Group is up to date at all times
- To manage and maintain the corporate governance database recording all relevant provisions relating to directors, shareholders, company secretary, auditors, etc. in each set of Articles of Association/Memoranda of Incorporation
- To file all statutory returns and forms with the relevant juristic body in each jurisdiction and managing all processes involving such juristic body
- To carry out reviews of annual financials of each Mukuru Group Company to confirm shareholder and entity information
- Coordinating all administrative activities related to meetings of directors and shareholders
- To ensure proper recording and timely approval and circulation of all minutes of the meetings referred to above, highlighting action items to the responsible persons.
- To draft and/or circulate and/or passing of Round Robin (Circular) Resolutions by Board of Directors.
- Management of relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Compiling and submitting weekly and monthly reports
- Management of own professional and self-development
- Must have Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Must have higher Certificate in Paralegal Studies or similar (Essential)
- Corporate Governance and Administration qualification (Essential)
- Must have 5-10 years’ experience in corporate governance (Essential)
- Must have good understanding of corporate governance developments and the Companies Act, 2008 (Essential)
- Must have knowledge of corporate governance best practice
- Must have knowledge of related company legislation
- Must have knowledge of (international) Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) regulations
- Must have computer literate (MS Office)
- Must have written & verbal communication skills
- Must have planning & Organizing skills
- Must have attention to detail
- Must have interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to [email protected], with the Subject Heading: Corporate Governance Officer
NB: If not contacted after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
1119 total views, 4 today