Permanent Job Vacancy for an IT Compliance Manager
Job Vacancy for an IT Compliance Manager
Location: Western Cape, Cape Town
Job Type: Permanent
Company: Shoprite Group of Companies
Job Title: IT Compliance Manager
Closing Date: 2020/12/11
Reference Number: SHO201204-1
Role of the Job
- In the IT Compliance role you will manage, measure and monitor Compliance within the IT Governance Framework.
- Facilitate and control both internal and external audits and work with the respective stakeholders at a tactical level to identify, define and action compliance improvement strategies and roadmaps.
- Your specialized knowledge of IT Governance generally and Compliance specifically will be a key success factor in raising Compliance awareness through various mechanisms and providing Compliance advisory services.
- Manage a small team of specialists comprising a Compliance Analyst, Security Analyst and IT Service Continuity Analyst.
- Coordinate various mandatory and/or Compliance related policy practices within the IT team, who will look to you for proactive, collaborative guidance during Compliance analysis, planning and implementation, aimed at addressing and reducing our compliance gaps and risks.
Responsibilities and duties
- To establish and communicate the vision, standards and guidelines for a sustainable compliant & quality focused organization – (IT validation strategy).
- To oversee and own all regulated activities and the roadmap for a sustainable Compliance department within the assigned technology or business area.
- To design initiatives to share and educate users of applicable IT Standards, Policies & Procedures.
- To drive increased awareness of applicable policies, standards, and procedures throughout the company aimed to reduce non-compliance and increase adherence to sound, ethical practices.
- To establish effective collaborations with IT and business to ensure accurate, timely, and adequate communication pertaining to applicable policies, standards, and procedures.
- To develop, implement and manage an Information Security Management System to minimize information security risks and to limit the impact of any security breaches.
- To define, implement & perform quality reviews on systems (Project & support) within a technology or business area.
- To measure compliance, manage non-compliance and identify deficiencies in internal IT controls and IT policies.
- Accountable for ensuring that all IT documentation and templates follow the prescribed format requirements, contain the accurate content and meet all of the Compliance standards as approved in the IT Governance Framework prior to disseminating IT policies, standards, and procedures to relevant stakeholders and users.
- To establish effective Compliance monitoring mechanisms inclusive of audit activities to determine Compliance adherence independently. Plan and deliver against monitoring practices and assist the process of remediation and readiness for internal and external audits.
- Minimize and manage closure of IT related internal and external audit findings.
- To provide guidance to project managers and liaise between the project manager and specialists on topics such as IT validation, Testing, GxP and other related topics.
- To ensure ongoing IT compliance to regulatory requirements and prescribed industry standards.
- Spearhead the Compliance efforts of the IT team. Provide expertise, voice your views, present information and debate alternatives with senior level decision makers to shape and influence various IT Compliance practices and leverage Compliance opportunities that reduce immediate and longer term risks.
- To provide team leadership and manage the day-to-day activities of the Compliance team.
- To inspire the team to take accountability for their overall Compliance delivery and participation in the full IT team and foster an open environment that seeks to receive and provide regular feedback at individual, team and management levels.
- Understand and stay up to date with current trends in Governance and Compliance and related Information Technology / technologies. Actively share insights and information with relevant stakeholders.
- Must have Matric with extensive, relevant and demonstrable job related experience in Governance and Compliance in an IT team – (essential).
- Must have degree in Information Systems / B.Sc Computer Science / B.Eng, BTech (or similar) – (preferred).
- Must have 3-5 years experience in Governance and Compliance in an IT team with specific exposure to – IT governance, compliance, risk and Information Security practices within the context of IT Frameworks, policies, procedures and guidelines – (essential).
- Exposure to applying relevant laws and regulations as they relate to technology – (essential).
- Exposure to Information Systems Risk, Monitoring Mechanisms and Audit – (essential).
- Must have 1-2 years experience in a team leadership role with specific exposure to managing and mentoring a team (preferably a Governance/Compliance team) – (essential).
- Understanding of operating systems, databases, transactional systems and connectivity – (highly beneficial).
- Any additional exposure to Agile projects and cross-functional matrix structures – (highly beneficial).
541 total views, 1 today