Permanent Job Vacancy for Accounts Payable Manager
Job Vacancy for Accounts Payable Manager
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Fidelity Services Group
Job Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Closing Date: 08 January 2021
The main purpose of this job position is to provide business support around the finance environment, manage accounts payable team and process end to end.
- Must have suitable Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting / Financial Management)
- Must have experience from a project based industrial or construction company
- Must have 7+ years of management experience including previous roles held: Accounts payable manger, Accountant
- Must have excellent working knowledge of EXCEL and database application software is expected.
- SAP, Accpac (or other ERP)
- To manage accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, and ensures accuracy and timeliness.
- To manage accounts payable team according to company targets, and ensures targets are met monthly.
- To develop, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- To manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- To provide accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- To act as a liaison between the company, government and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- To select and hires employees for the groups mentioned above. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Must have strong business acumen
- Must have managerial courage and ability to interact at all levels within the organization
- Strong quantitative skills and a willingness to learn and are needed in order to be effective in this role
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must have professional presence with strong, versatile and polished interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have ability to be proactive and resourceful (anticipates issues and draw conclusions from financial and operating data)
- Detail-oriented, proactive and able to balance multiple responsibilities and tasks in a fast paced environment
- Team player oriented, enjoy a “hands on” environment and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have well-developed value-system specifically as it refers to ethics, integrity and trust
614 total views, 1 today