Full-Time Job Vacancy for a Supply Chain Manager
Job Vacancy for a Supply Chain Manager
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Job Type: Full-time
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Reference Number: R00122146
Salary: Negotiable (Live-in)
Ecolab’s team is looking for Supply Chain Manager in Johannesburg who will help to make the world cleaner, safer and healthier. We’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resources.
- To establish and develop the safety culture
- To develop and manage the required performance metrics and network relationships to ensure the appropriate safety, service, quality and cost measures are achieved. Resolve quality, service, and cost issues
- To forecast demand and supply to ensure availability of materials, products and services
- To develop material/services costs forecasts or standard cost lists
- To develop goals and objectives of the supply chain function and procedures for the control of workflows
- Responsible for creating a lean supply chain environment and culture and focusing on operational process and procedural improvement and deployment of TPM
- To identify cost reduction opportunities and areas for improvement to achieve financial goals and drive performance and business results, making recommendations where appropriate
- To establish an annual budget with focus on reduction of year over year costs. Achieve or exceed those targets.
- To develop and deploy loss elimination strategies
- To establish other annual operating plans in line with Supply Chain strategy
- Communicates and reinforces site plans throughout the organization
- To manage third party manufacturing and logistics vendors. Work cross-functionally with procurement and logistics to evaluate performance of vendors to ensure they are meeting company needs
- To represent supply chain locations in new product introductions / acquisition integrations.
- To ensure that all locations are in compliance with all internal and external standards and legislation
- To create an environment in which associates can work safely and are focused on continued improvement
- To ensure communication of master pricing and service agreement to operating units
- To monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet cost, quality and delivery requirements
- To ensure Supply Chain operations comply with corporate Code of conduct policies and provide ethical leadership
- Select, train, develop, retain and manage Supply Chain associates in line with company standards.
- Develop a robust succession plan to support organizational development and ensure all key reporting positions have an identified successor
- To build and maintain clear communication and relationships with all relevant internal (e.g. Divisions & Functions) and external stakeholders to proactively avoid and resolve quality and service issues
- To proactively participate in the Sales, Operations and Planning process
- To manage existing fixed assets and implement approved CARs.
- To reevaluate distribution and product sourcing networks and vendors to ensure best service and quality at a competitive price.
- To generate and implement ideas that improve quality indicators, in line with cost, investment and service goals.
- To develop a long term and annual strategic plan for Sub-Saharan Africa and translate these strategies into actionable plans at the plants and functional levels
- To assess the overall technical capabilities of each individual plant – and suggest new product and service options to the Sub-Saharan Africa leadership team in order to capitalize on each plants technical core competencies and leverage total potential capacity
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, or related field
- Must have minimum of 10 years of experience in supply chain management including the following:
- Supply chain management in operating lines or functional roles
- Must have plant operational management experience
- Must have experience in implementing S&OP
- Must have cross-functional project or program management experience
- Must have experience of working with multinational companies
- Must have experience in organizing an efficient supply chain operation applying LEAN manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies
- Must have knowledge of ERP systems and supply chain planning tools
- Must have ability to plan and organize effectively to meet the demands of the business
- Must have ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- Must have ability to effectively work in a matrixed environment, collaborating with region, divisional and functional leaders
1086 total views, 3 today