Contract Job Vacancy for a Research Technologist
Job Vacancy for a Research Technologist
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Job Type: Contract
Company: The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC)
Job Title: Research Technologist
Job Closing Date: 06/12/2020
Salary: R238 716 annum
Purpose of the Job
A Research Assistant is required within the HIV Prevention Research Unit and will be responsible for data collation, quality control and data management for monitoring and evaluating a health project in Umlazi. The individual will be required to have knowledge and experience in research, working with data collection, cleaning, analysis, quality control and reporting.
- Research data to be managed according to the protocol and ethics requirements.
- Develop data management plans and proper maintenance throughout the project and create computerized databases.
- Collate data from fieldworkers, clean and analyze the data to measure project KPIs, enable project monitoring and evaluation and report data discrepancies
- Ensure data quality control by conducting regular checks on database as per agreed standard operational procedures.
- Conduct interviews and translate and transcribe the data when required.
- Training, ongoing support and supervision of fieldworkers and data capturers to ensure quality data is collected.
- Assist with admin related tasks as per project requirements: participant re-imbursement, management of assets, coordination of meeting, project logistics and filing of documents as per operating procedures
- Complete monthly progress reports and provide data for quarterly project reports
- Must have matric and 1 – 2-year qualification in either medical, biomedical or basic science
- Must have certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Must have 2 – 3 years working experience within a research Institution
- Must have 2 – 3 years’ experience in data collection, data management and quality control
- Must have written and verbal fluency in English and IsiZulu
- Must have Code 08 Driver’s License
- Must have advanced level of proficiency in MS Excel, word and PowerPoint.
- Quantitative Research Techniques
- Prepared to drive alone to Umlazi
- Must have 3 Year Diploma/ Degree
- Must have 3 years or more, working experience within a research institution
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
507 total views, 1 today