Full-Time Job Vacancy for a Legal and Compliance Manager
Job Vacancy for a Legal and Compliance Manager
Company: MELKi Civils and Plant Hire
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Job Title: Legal and Compliance Manager
Salary: R15 000 per month, negotiable.
The Melki Group is looking for an individual that can assist us with the ensuring that the company’s legal and compliance needs are met.
Duties & Responsibilities
High level deliverables will include:
- General corporate legal advisor (ensuring SLA’s and contracts with third parties have been thoroughly vetted for any risks; compliance with legislation in South Africa and other Southern African jurisdictions)
- To draft legal agreements (rental, sales, commercial, MOUs, MOAs, Joint Venture, NDA’s, cessions, resolutions) and responding to existing legal matters
- To attend to financial issues (debts, LODs, surety ships, legal requirements around institutional finance)
- Attending to HR related issues (employment contracts, retrenchment and disciplinary actions, BEE / CIBD and BBCEi compliance; ensure compliance with company policies)
- To draft trust agreements and facilitating the trust deeds
- To manage litigations and representing the company when required
- To undertake research on new projects and ensure that the due diligence process has been completed successfully
- To ensure all insurance policies are up to date and where required assist with any claims. Ensure all risks are adequately covered.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Education and experience:
- Must have Bachelor of Commerce with LLB
- Must have commercial and new business development experience
- Must have minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills.
- People skills
- Must have ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize
- Must have problem solving skills
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in capturing records to facilitate successful outcomes
- Must have excellent reporting skills
- Must have ability to work independently
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
538 total views, 5 today