Contract Job Vacancy for a Laundry Attendant
Job Vacancy for a Laundry Attendant
Location: Cape Town
Job Type: Contract
Company: Belmond Management
Job Title: Laundry Attendant
The position is for a fixed period linked to a festive period project with a defined end date. Over the festive period (10 December 2020 to 28 February 2021), the Mount Nelson Hotel will partially reopen some of its Food and Beverage offerings from a Thursday to a Sunday. The Mount Nelson will also reopen a small number of rooms which it will operate on a limited service and exclusive basis. The limited service offering is linked to the festive period only and the offering may change or be terminated earlier, based on operational requirements.
- Folding, pressing, sorting and maintaining the proper storage of all hotel linen.
- Responsible for the dry cleaning of guest clothing and other tasks related to the department.
- To follow Leading Quality Assurance and departmental standards at all times.
- To sort all sheets, robes and duvets etc into separate laundry bins.
- To inspect linen/garments for stains, rips or damage that might have been overlooked by the housekeeper.
- To turn in all lost and found items in accordance with lost and found procedures.
- To maintain a clean and organized work area at all times.
- To collect, sort and label guest items for appropriate action (washing, dry cleaning, pressing or repair).
- To process the clothing/linen on the correct equipment, using the appropriate temperature and chemicals. Once processed, fold or hang the clothing as desired. Deliver clothing to guest according to LQA standards, before 18h00 latest.
- To process and issue employee uniforms.
- To operate and maintain washer, dryer, dry cleaning machine, presser and iron.
- Reporting any broken or faulty equipment to the Laundry Manager.
- To assist with quarterly OE stock count as and when required.
- To complete all daily duties as set out in departmental duties and requirements.
- To remove stains from items using the appropriate procedures.
- To maintain an updated inventory of laundry detergents.
- To manage and respond to guest requests in accordance to company standard.
- To ensure soiled and damaged linen is stored and disposed of correctly.
- To maintain linen room to ensure floors and shelves are stocked with the correct amount of each linen item.
- To assist with the general day to day duties to maintain the Laundry department.
- Two (2 years’ experience in a similar position, within a 5 star environment (advantageous).
- Team and goal orientated.
- Previous experience with industrial cleaning equipment and products.
1226 total views, 1 today