Contract Job Vacancy for a Houseman
Job Vacancy for a Houseman
Location: Cape Town
Job Type: Contract
Company: Belmond Management
Job Title: Public Area Attendant
The position is for a fixed period linked to a festive period project with a defined end date. Over the festive period (10 December 2020 to 28 February 2021), the Mount Nelson Hotel will partially reopen some of its Food and Beverage offerings from a Thursday to a Sunday. The Mount Nelson will also reopen a small number of rooms which it will operate on a limited service and exclusive basis. The limited service offering is linked to the festive period only and the offering may change or be terminated earlier, based on operational requirements.
- To ensure that in all given rooms high dusting, windows and balconies are cleaned according to the hotel standard.
- To assist the Room Attendants by supplying them with linen & necessary items continuously.
- To ensure trolley is clean, tidy and well equipped with supplies, linen, room amenities and is always kept in its proper position.
- To collect clean bed linen from the Laundry.
- To strip and remove the dirty bed linen and towels from the departure rooms.
- To clear the dirty linen from the storeroom and take down to Laundry.
- To replenish the linen storerooms with clean linen.
- To clean the balcony furniture, railing, sweep and mop the floor tiles.
- Dust the high ledges, chandeliers, light shades, picture frames, air vents and curtain rods, on top of wardrobes, shelves in rooms and corridors.
- To vacuum the heavy curtains and curtain valances where necessary.
- To move heavy furniture pieces and dust behind the furniture where necessary.
- To ensure that all chemicals, equipment and linen are looked after.
- To communicate any and all guest preference and concerns to the Executive Housekeeper or Supervisor on duty.
- To place fresh flowers in the arrival and occupied rooms where required.
- To place extra beds, bed board, baby cot and other furniture in rooms as and when required.
- Re-hook and repair heavy curtains and voile curtains.
- To clean windows in guest rooms and corridors.
- To clean the linen store room and hokkies.
- Scrub the vinyl floor coverings in the linen store room and hokkies.
- To sweep, mop and vacuum the fire exit staircases.
- Dust window sills and railings in corridors and staircases.
- To clean the guest and service elevators.
- To complete weekly and monthly task lists as assigned by the supervisor.
- To prepare the linen store room for monthly OE stock count and assist with stock count as and when required.
- To report any maintenance defects to the supervisor.
- To report all lost and found items to security.
- To maintain hygiene standards throughout the property by ensuring constant cleaning and sanitizing of all touch points.
- To ensure all housekeeping stock items are returned to stores to avoid wastage and to control cost.
- To perform any other duties as assigned by Housekeeping Management.
- To assist in other areas of the Housekeeping Department as and when required.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a similar position, within a 5 star environment (advantageous).
- Team and goal orientated.
- Must have previous experience with industrial cleaning equipment and products.
- Must have ability to work independently and under little supervision.
1073 total views, 6 today