Permanent Job Vacancy for a Creditors Clerk
Job Vacancy for a Creditors Clerk
Location: Houghton, Gauteng
Job Type: Permanent, Contract
Job Title: Creditors Clerk
Salary: Market Related
Closing Date: 04/12/2020
Reference Number: CC/EM
SBV is currently seeking a Creditors Clerk who under direct supervision, will be responsible for the classification and recording of information in respect of financial transactions and the maintenance of accounting records in one of the following areas: creditors, ledgers, cashbook, reconciliations, treasury. Reconciles accounts and ensure accuracy and completeness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that all transactions in area or responsibility are processed timeously
- On time generation of all entries in paying status from Procurement system for area under control (Accounts Payable, Imprest, Petty cash).
- To ensure the accuracy of all GL allocations.
- Review for items of Capital nature or prepaid items.
- To process journals to reallocate cost when GL allocations are incorrect.
- To review the accuracy and validity of all supporting documentation.
- To ensure that all invoices comply with the VAT regulations in order to claim VAT back.
- To escalate all outstanding entries those are not timeously loaded or receipted.
Payment and refund processing
- On time processing of all payments and refunds in area of control.
- Accuracy and completeness of payments.
- That all reconciliations that support payments are in balance.
- All vendors are paid within payment terms.
- All Imprest and Petty cash accounts are refunded within timelines.
- All employee refunds are processed within timelines.
- All statutory payments are processed within timelines
Accruals and reallocations
- Raise accruals for all receipted open orders on procurement report.
- Raise accruals for all recurring expenses in area of control.
- Reverse accruals when payment is generated from procurement system
- Responsible for Balance sheet recons for area of responsibility (Accrual accounts, Imprest and Petty cash accounts.
- Make sure only valid entries in Balance sheet recons and resolve reconciling items timeously.
General office administration
- Keeps record of all financial documentation for auditing purposes
- To ensure all Filling are done within agreed time frames
- To assist with any Adhoc duties as and when required
- No Prior Experience
- Matric with Accounts and/or Mathematics with a minimum pass rate of 60% or above for any of these subjects, and/or,
- Actively studying towards a 3 year tertiary financial qualification.
718 total views, 1 today