PermanentJob Position for Warehouse / Logistics Manager Wanted
Job Position for Warehouse / Logistics Manager Wanted
Place/Location: Cape Town Northern Suburbs
Job Salary: Market Related
Type of the Job: Permanent
Company/Employer: Persona Staff
Post Title: Job Position for Warehouse / Logistics Manager Wanted
Warehouse / Logistics Manager – Cape Town – Northern SuburbsMy client, a successful wholesale company in SA is seeking to employ a mid to senior level Warehouse / Logistics Manager. You will be responsible for the entirety of all Outbound and Inbound Warehousing, Logistical and related Operational functions in the Cape Town, including but not limited to the managing & optimization of the warehousing function, picking, packing, dispatching, stock control, systems, distribution, reporting and staff management to ensure compliance and customer satisfaction at all times.To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] Requirements:
Minimum 5 years solid outbound (dispatch) experience or logistics experience within a manufacturing concern.
Degree or Diploma in Operations, Logistics or Supply Chain is essential.
Reliable own transport and valid drivers’ license.
Excellent planning skills.
Knowledge of stock controlling, processing, and ability to report on variances.
Min 3 years staff management.
- OTIF report daily based on previous days picking slips.
- Go through the automated back-order list to ensure back orders that stock has arrived goes out and due dates are met.
- Set vehicles daily based on areas, weights, and number of pallets per order.
- Work out customer / trip GP and cost per kg and make sure customers are not costing us money.
- Constantly monitor delivery routes to try maximizing space on the truck or save costs and eliminate over time.
- Get courier quotes for out-lying orders and see which delivery method is more cost effective.
- Should a courier be used, ensure customer and credit controller get a scanned copy of invoice and waybill.
- Go over daily vehicle check sheets to note down mileages and check for problems with vehicles / tyres etc.
- Monitor mileage daily per vehicle to keep vehicles within the mileage bands to keep hire costs down
- Ensure vehicles are serviced at correct intervals.
- Check tracker app to ensure correct overtime is captured and paid.
- Monitor tracker to ensure drivers are driving safely, not sitting too long at customers or making unnecessary stops.
- Complete daily loading sheets for vehicles
- Prepare trip sheets per vehicles.
- Capture Inter Warehouse Requisitions transfer out when stock goes to other branches.
- Process order and ensure delivery customers.
- Reconcile fuel account.
- Reconcile courier account.
- Assist Frikkie with machinery quotes, invoices and delivery planning.
- Receive customers cash payments and check before handing over to accounts.
- Ensure drivers doing overnight trips have accommodation and money for accommodation and meals.
- Manage daily receiving, planning, coordination, recording, systems, offloading and related container, yard and warehouse activities
- Ensure all stock is packed away within 48 hours of arrival.
- Ensure local purchasing is properly planned and executed to maintain optimum stock levels at all times. Assist at all times as needed with international import planning and execution.
- Ensure the required productivity, housekeeping and order levels are maintained daily.
- All aspect of stockholding, accuracy, security, storage conditions, levels, systems, etc. to be properly managed, with a strict adherence to FIFO.
- Resolve, report and record any offloading, system, staff, rejects etc errors and problems immediately.
- Ensure full compliance at all times with all Food Safety systems, Occupational health and safety regulations, ETQM and company policies
- Monitoring of stock and ordering from factory when necessary.
- Execute all internal stock transfers.
- Arranging transport for anything sent from Durban (negotiating best price)
- Monitoring of dead and slow-moving stock and FIFO.
- Manage an optimize the productivity of all warehouse staff.
- Organizing casuals when needed.
- Running and capturing of stock-takes.
- Installation and running of IT systems.
- Processing of credit notes.
- Stationary control.
- To apply, please send your CV to
- [email protected]
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive feedback within 48 hours, please accept your application as unsuccessful.
- Persona Staff CC is POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013) compliant, all personal information is protected according to legislation. Applying for any of our available vacancies, you give Persona Staff consent to process your Personal Information for Recruitment Purposes, according to the POPI ACT, 2013. If you have any concerns regarding your Personal Information and our compliance towards the legislation, you are welcome to request out POPI Act Policy.
2 total views, 1 today