PermanentJob Position for Experienced Electrician Needed
Job Position for Experienced Electrician Needed
Place/Location: Eastern Cape
Job Salary: R33 333.00 – R45 833.00 Per Month (Negotiable)
Type of the Job: Permanent
Company/Employer: Boikago Group (Pty) Ltd
Post Title: Job Position for Experienced Electrician Needed
A renowned manufacturing company in the Forestry & saw milling industry based in the Eastern Cape is looking for an Electrician
Purpose of the Role
Responsible for the carrying out of maintenance work and installation of all electrical systems
- Install, Service and Maintenance of plant machinery
- Carries out all electrical maintenance repair work as instructed
- Carries out all electrical installations as instructed
- Receive job card
- Carry out work to be done as indicated on the job card
- Enter details of work completed on the job card
- Sign off the job card on completion of work done & submit job card to the admin clerk.
- Carries out all electrical repairs on staff housing as instructed.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of all electrical installations within the plant.
- Makes requisitions of all electrical spares required via the Electrical charge-hand, as and when required
- Knowledge of drives.
- Reading and interpretation of drawings.
- Work in a healthy, safe & clean environment
- Assist the charge-hand in training and coaching apprentices at work
- Check log book and ensure that apprentices are exposed and trained as per log book
- Candidate Requirements
- Minimum experience & qualifications required
- Grade 12 or equivalent electronic qualification
- An N3 electrical engineering certificate
- Must have a trade test certificate
- Knowledge and experience in hydraulics & pneumatics, boiler & steam applications, variable speed gearboxes, overhead cranes, PLC`s & electronics
- At least 4 years’ experience in a production-based environment.
- Must be able to repair, maintain, and install wiring, motors, transformers, generators, lighting, and other electrical systems.
- Must be able to work in a dirty environment with hazardous materials, lifting and carrying heavy objects.
- Knowledge of the sawmill industry will be an added advantage
- Behavioural skills required
- Must be able to communicate at all levels
- Must be a person of integrity
- Must have a high level of commitment to accuracy and quality
- Must be technology inclined
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be innovative and have the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Must be safety conscious
- Must be accountable
- Must be prepared to work overtime from time to time.
- Must be prepared to do standby duties
14 total views, 1 today