PermanentJob for Animal Conservation Worker Needed
Job for Animal Conservation Worker Needed
Job Salary: Market Related
Type of the Job: Permanent
Post Title: Job for Animal Conservation Worker Needed
Animal Conservation Worker – Salary Level 5
SANBI offers a basic annual salary of R176 310.0
National Zoological Garden, Mokopane
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires an enthusiastic, dedicated, professional and responsible person to care for the National Zoological Garden, Mokopane Biodiversity Conservation Centre animals according to the required global standards of animal husbandry and welfare, as well as maintenance and management of the enclosures in which they live.
- An application form (obtainable from SANBI website: www.sanbi.org must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for this position, and certified qualifications confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of meeting minimum qualifications and relevant experience will not be considered).
- Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible, e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
- Failure to submit the requested information and reference number shall result in your application not being considered.
- Personal Information will be processed by SANBI for purposes of assessing your suitability for the advertised position. SANBI may also share your personal information including special personal information with service providers or third parties, both within the Republic of South Africa and in other jurisdictions, to carry out verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, background and reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. In this regard, by virtue of your application, you acknowledge that SANBI’s authorized verification agent(s) and service providers will access your personal information including special personal information to conduct background screening, verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. For more information, kindly refer to SANBI’s website.
- Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
- Contact Ms Sanelisiwe Hlophe for any queries for purposes of clarity. Applications consisting of the completed application form, motivation letter, a concise CV, and certified qualifications are to be submitted via an e-mail to [email protected]
- Postal applications must be addressed to: Assistant Director: Human Resources Operations, National Zoological Gardens, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag x101, Pretoria, 0001, Ref NZG/005/2022
- Closing Date: 24 June 202
- Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates must consider their applications unsuccessful.
- This position requires Grade 12, or equivalent qualification at NQF 4. A Higher Certificate in Nature Conservation or equivalent and relevant qualification at NQF 5 will be an added advantage. This position also requires 6 months’ experience in the captive animal or intensive wildlife management field.
- The following competencies are required for the candidate to be successful in this position: must be prepared to work with venomous animals; must have a strong passion for working with animals and demonstrate advanced knowledge for captive animal husbandry; proven ability to work in a team as well as to work independently; proven ability to do physical labour and work outdoors in inclement weather; good planning, organizing, and problem solving skills; excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) will be advantageous; good time management, and interpersonal skills; excellent computer literacy and experience in the application of software tools including (MS Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and Outlook) will be advantageous. The possession of a valid driver’s license with at least one year of practical driving experience and a willingness to travel is essential.
Key Performance Responsibilities include:
- Perform animal care & feeding duties;
- Perform enclosure cleaning and maintenance and assist with breeding and conservation programmes;
- Perform animal capture activities;
- Perform environmental enrichment activities and animal conditioning training, and assist with pest control;
- Perform and assist with all wildlife management activities, related emergencies relating to both in-situ and ex-situ conservation; and
- Perform tool and equipment care, and conduct administration, human resources responsibilities, and stakeholder relations.
31 total views, 1 today