Full-Time Insurance Consultant Job Vacancy
Insurance Consultant Job Vacancy
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Contract Type: Consultant
Closing Date: 27 November 2020
As the insurance consultant your role will be focusing on providing an end-to-end service and support to brokers.
- To deal with Sales aspects on prospective policies, including; new quotations, amendments on quotation and follow-ups
- To provide telephonic/ email support to the intermediary on record, authorized representatives from the brokerage, and broker services;
- To deal with general insurance and policy specific enquiries;
- To deal with issuance of new policies/ policy maintenance/ renewal aspects of policies;
- Assisting to resolve all insurance queries within required timeframe and compliance requirements;
- To undertake client follow-ups when policies are cancelled to ascertain the reasons and attempt to retain the policy onto books;
- To adjust premiums in line with new asset values;
- To manage client expectation on expected turnaround times for submitted requests;
- Adherence to underwriting criteria and regional requirements;
- Assist with profiling the client with the best suitable product and underwriting criteria;
- Giving advice to brokers to ensure that we meet with clients’ needs in terms of the correct cover and product;
- Helping in implementing solutions for improvement; and
- Standing in for Consultants should they be absent or on leave during busy periods or absence of key resources, assisting where required.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
Matric/ Grade 12
- Must have 60 commercial lines FAIS credits.
- Must a relevant insurance related qualification (e.g. NQF lev 5) would be advantageous.
- Proven work experience in commercial, agriculture policy administration and underwriting within the short-term insurance industry.
- Must have minimum of 3 years’ experience in short term insurance commercial lines and/or Agri assets.
Required knowledge and skills
- Must be excellent in verbal and written communication skills
- Must be excellent in interpersonal skills, collaborating with internal colleagues and external stakeholders/clients
- Ensure adherence to quality, compliance and accreditation standards
- Conduct efficient administration
- Optimising work processes
- Team Support
- Customer Service
- Communicates effectively
- Situational Adaptability
- Action Oriented Turnaround time
The short listing process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
598 total views, 3 today