Permanent Drivers Code 8/10/11/14 Wanted At Cape Town
Drivers Code 8/10/11/14 Wanted At Cape Town
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: HG Travelling Services
Job Title: Drivers Code 8/10/11/14 Wanted At Cape Town
A bus driver is responsible for driving a passenger carrying vehicle and providing good customer service and a safe and comfortable journey throughout the network of transport services rendered by HG Travelling.
Transports passengers to and from various designated points and following a pre-planned route according to a definite time schedule in accordance with the Operational Managers specifications. Regulates heating equipment and ventilation of bus for comfort of passengers. Drives bus carefully and in compliance with traffic regulations. Assumes responsibility for the safety of passengers in loading, unloading, and transporting them to and from their destinations. Instructs passengers of safety precautions and practices.
Inspects and sweeps bus. Checks water, gas, oil and mechanical condition before leaving on run. Reports delays and accidents. Keeps operational records and makes simple reports. Reports defects or problems with vehicle to Fleet manager daily.
Duties & Responsibilities
Safety and Quality Assurance
- To ensure your bus is kept in a safe and tidy condition at all times.
- To ensure a full understanding of emergency and evacuation plans.
- To ensure all safety accidents/incidents are reported using the company’s reporting procedure.
- To be responsible for the health, safety, security, welfare, environmental and fire safety arrangements for yourself, customers and colleagues. This must include attendance at safety briefings and training as required.
- To comply with the laws and company regulations regarding the use of mobile phones, smoking in company vehicles and the use of prohibited equipment (such as games consoles) whilst on duty.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is clean and tidy before starting service
- Completing the vehicle checklist
- Ensuring that any defect in the vehicle or equipment is reported as soon as possible to the right person
- Carrying out the safety walk round check
- To check the condition of the vehicle prior to commencing service by:
- To ensure that speed limits are obeyed
- To ensure that the vehicle is visible
- To follow, at all times, Injury Prevention rules and the First Aid Principles
Upholding Business and Client Relations
- To provide a high standard of customer service at all times
- To give customers on the bus any information that may help them during their journey.
- To always behave in a friendly and professional way to customers and colleagues
- To recognize and assist with the additional needs of children and vulnerable adults, the elderly, infirm or disabled
- To drive the Company’s vehicles in a safe, legal and professional way
- To drive to the set timetable, not running early or late, when it is safe to do so
- To ensure the correct pick up and destination points are timeously fulfilled.
- To keep up to date with road closures, diversions or special events that may affect the services of HG Travelling. This is done by reading notices, attending briefings,
- To keep up to date with any changes to travel requirements
Prompt Reporting of incidents
- To report all safety, security, driving and customer service incidents to the line manager as soon as possible
- To report all incidents on the road, likely to affect bus services, to the traffic office as soon as it is safe to do so. Examples would be road closures, accidents, emergencies and highway repairs
Punctuality and Professionalism
- To report for work at the correct time and location with the correct equipment
- To ensure that a clean company uniform is correctly worn at all times when on duty
- Not to report for work when overtired or under the influence of alcohol or drugs (see Company policy for further details) this needs to be communicated to direct manager timeously to make provision to schedule.
- To ensure that the relevant notification procedures are followed in the event of absence from work
Attending Training and Development Initiatives
- To attend training as required in fulfilling the role of a professional bus driver.
- To support personal development through taking part in the company’s training programmes offered
- To take part in a bi-annual performance appraisal / job chat
- To feedback ideas about how services can be improved to their line manager
To ensure that a valid driving licence is held at all times and is available for inspection by a member on staff of the Company A driver must ensure that:
- Their licence is in date and valid for the vehicle type
- Their licence has the required medical renewals up to date
- Their licence driver PDP and qualifications are up to date
- Any change to the licence which may affect their entitlement to drive is communicated to their line manager (e.g. sickness, injury or conviction).
- Their licence is made available for inspection in every 6 month period
Desired Experience & Qualification
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience relevant to the post and proven professionalism in passenger transport
- Knowledge/ Ability to work with disabled passengers and reaction to their needs
- Basic Computer Skills – essential ( MS Word, Power point, Excel, Outlook, Pastel)
- Two to three years of relevant work experience
- Sound knowledge of transport operations demands
- Previous driving experience and knowledge of passenger vehicles
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines under pressure
- A valid Code 8 Drivers License with PDP
- High level of responsibility is placed on our drivers to provide excellent services
- Exposed to long and irregular working shifts
- Excellent concentration skills and be able to work under pressure
- First Aid and Firefighting Responsiveness
- Excellent Customer Relations
- Inquisitive and able to identify vehicle faults upon pre trip inspection
- Compliant with the rules of the road and able to control speeds
- Level headed and able to diffuse difficult / conflict situations
- Maintain PDP and Health
- Ability to communicate with supervisor and manager
77 total views, 1 today