Permanent Code 14 Driver (Long Distance Driver) Needed Urgently
Code 14 Driver (Long Distance Driver) Needed Urgently
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Granor Passi Pty Ltd
Job Title: Code 14 Driver (Long Distance Driver) Needed Urgently
Granor Passi (Pty) Ltd, a leading fruit processor in South Africa, its Head Office situated in Polokwane (Limpopo), seeks to employ 2x long distance Drivers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively driving and operating vehicle or heavy-duty vehicle and move company goods/products to designated place.
- Ensure that loading and offloading is done in line with Granor Passi policy and procedure and that vehicles are road worthy, not overloaded and safe to operate.
- Ensure that returns (products or packaging) are checked before leaving the loading point.
- Working or operating in accordance with safe work procedures and accordance with personal work area hygiene requirements by using the personal protective clothing and Equipment (PPE) and / coverings as provided.
- Proudly promote and carry out Granor Passi corporate Branding to both internal and external environments.
- Comply with workplace working instructions with regard to vehicle maintenance and cleanliness.
- Be punctual and on- time deliveries
- Ensure Food Safety Management Systems are in place to systematically identify and minimise food safety risk by using proactive, preventative measures and controls when you are on the road and at the customer.
- Using prescribed checklist
- Obtain authority form supervisor
- Ensure that all paperwork is in place before departure (invoices, waybills, delivery notes, log sheets, COF, vehicle cross border permit, etc.)
- Have on hand all fuel, toll, border monies and requirements and bring back the receipts.
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Maintain proper distances
- Adhering to speed limitations
- Be aware and alert to all surroundings and possible hazards that may impact on the safe execution of the operation (authorised truck stops)
- Using maintenance checklist and filling in required form(s) on an ongoing basis
- Treat customers with respect and dignity
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Must be permanent South African citizen
- Have a valid heavy-duty driver’s (Code 14) license and PDP
- 5 years’ previous experience as a driver in a food production environment required
- Experience with International and Scania trucks is essential.
Package & Remuneration
- Market Related
24 total views, 1 today