Temporary Unemployed and ambitious Head of Department wanted
Unemployed and ambitious Head of Department wanted
Location: Western Cape, Cape Town
Job Type: Temporary
Company/Employer: Western Cape Government
Job Title: Head of Department: Cultural Affairs and Sport (CAS 32/2020)
Salary: R 1,521 591.00 per annum (Level 15)
Closing Date: 2021/01/18
Reference Number: WCG201112-2
Tracking Number: CAS 32/2020
Job Purpose and Description
- Strategically to support the provincial executive in social cohesion amongst communities in the province through cultural affairs, sport and recreation programs; and
- Serving as Head of Department and Accounting Officer of the Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport.
- Must have an appropriate Postgraduate Degree (NQF 8)
- Must have minimum of 8 years’ senior management experience, 3 years of which must be with any organ of state as defined in the Constitution, Act 108 of 1996.
Key Performance Areas
- To transform, develop and promote cultural affairs (including Library and Archive Services) and optimize social behavior through sport and recreation.
- To promote the advancement of artistic disciplines into viable opportunities in the Province.
- To manage the development of sustainable library and information services as well as the development of sustainable archives services.
- To drive the development and implementation of the Provincial Cultural Affairs and Sport Strategy as well as the departmental strategic planning processes.
- To evaluate the performance of the department on a continuous basis against pre-determined key measurable objectives and standards.
- To ensure that sound people and financial management practices are adhered to in the department.
- To facilitate delivery through sound administration and the engagement of all spheres of government and social partners.
Must have knowledge of the following: latest advances in public management theory and practice, modern systems of governance and administration, policies of the government of the day, global, regional and local political, economic and social affairs impacting on the provincial government of the Western Cape, Constitutional, legal and institutional arrangements governing the South African public sector, inter-governmental and international relations, communications, media management, public relations, public participation and public education.
- Must have strong conceptual, interpretive and formulation skills.
- Must have strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Must have exceptional planning, organizing and people management skills.
- Must have ability to multi task, deal with ambiguity and manage change in an ever-changing environment and under pressurized circumstances.
- R 1,521 591.00 per annum (Level 15) (All-inclusive package to be structured in accordance with the rules for SMS) plus a 10% non-pensionable HOD allowance.
NB: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department.
689 total views, 3 today